Friday, May 16, 2014

Patient Non Grata

I wish I could say I did something wrong. I wish there was something in my behavior I could correct. I wish there was some sort of misconduct on my part for which I was being reprimanded. But there's nothing. I've done everything right. I've followed all the instructions. I've done everything I was told to do. Yet my GP is still washing his hands of me, and has no one he knows who does Internal Medicine and takes Medicare that he can refer me to.

Really? You work in a low cost clinic, and you know of absolutely no one else in the entire state that also does what you do? You suddenly completely forgot how to use Google? Excuse me while I find that a little difficult to swallow.


Meanwhile, my test results continue to come back abnormal, only to then have the doctor tell me, "There's nothing wrong here. You should stop taking your medication. That's what's making you sick."

Really? Because I remember being a HELL of a lot sicker BEFORE I was put on medication. And bakc then when the test came back abnormal, they put me ON medication, and --- you're not going to believe this --- I felt and got BETTER! Holy $#!+, what a concept!

I don't understand what's happening here. I don't dare leave this state because this is the first time in 10 years that I have pain & nausea control. But now it looks like I may be screwed anyway, because these people don't want to see or treat me.

I will call a highly-ranked GP tomorrow and see if she'll take over care, but I'm reasonably terrified.

Mother of Gods, what am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment