Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still no orders, but made a friend "inside"

I waited a week after the debacle of last week. I called the infusion center. They were very flustered and tried to blame the referring system at first: new computer referral system, can't find you in the computer, blah, blah. But then I interrupted her with the magic words, "Look, I don't think this is your fault." Immediately, she slowed down and listened. We were able to find my file. Yes, there are still no orders for me. But now she is going to call the doctor's office herself to see what is going on.

I'm trying very hard not to think about why this is happening. I've got to leave it a mystery. My conclusions are only going to make me angry. And who knows? Maybe my new friend can straighten this whole thing out.

Moral of the story? Being kind and understanding towards staff really works. And because I waited a full week, that looks good in my favor. The doctor's office plenty of time to straighten this out. I'm not just complaining... I'm complaining with just cause. That won me an ally today.

[UPDATE 11a]
The friend inside came through!!! I got a call from a nurse in my doctor's office. The orders should be processed today. I can call early next week if I haven't heard anything.

[Update 1p]
FINALLY got a call from the doctor herself. She still expects my cortisol to turn out fine and that I'll be able to stop my prednisone. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment