Friday, April 27, 2012

#HAWMC - 5 Challenges, 5 Victories


Your Top 5. For today’s post we’re making a list of our top 5’s – whether they be for your health condition or your Health Activism. Take some time to think about your experiences and develop your top 5’s – the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus and the 5 small victories that keep you going.

Top Five Challenges
These are my top five challenges, not because they're difficult per se. They're my challenges because they matter most to me. These are the things I want to get right. These are the challenges I've chose for myself, because I like these challenges.

5. Turning my frustration into something constructive.
4. Seeing the bright side of a terrible situation.
3. Overcoming stigmas and prejudices.
2. Empowering others.
1. Finding. The. Words.

Top Five Victories
All of my victories have been things that I've been able to find as a result of my Health Activism. It's only been a short amount of time, and I've already been blessed with so much! It's enough to make my head spin!

5. Finding my calling.
4. Great doctors who were able to (finally!) manage my symptoms.
3. A cure for my disease.
2. My Unicorn Sister.
1. You.

If you're reading this, you are a victory for me. What I do here is only good if it's able to help someone else. Yet, right now, the only way for me to do that is by you finding me. This is a victory that I write for---finding the message that helps you. But I have to rely on the generosity of the universe for our paths to cross, for me to find the words, for me to choose the topic that helps you. Somehow, all those things come to pass, and here you are! That's an awesome, and my favorite, victory.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. It's more than just the generosity of the universe - you (and we) have worked hard to make the connections. It takes guts to reach out, to blog, and all the rest. I think you can give yourself some direct credit :)
    Adventures in Anxiety Land

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do just blog and hope people will show up! lol I'm terrible at self-promotion because it feels like I'm trying to show off, or something similarly selfish. I can blog with incredible braveness, but when it come to self-promotion, I get shy. I'm afraid of being tacky or rude! lol

    Now, I can promote for someone else, no problem. I actually really enjoy that. But for myself? Oof... that's tricky. Most people find me on their own.

    I'm trying to get better at this by being more involved (especially now that my health permits it). ^_^

    ReplyDelete