Tuesday, June 5, 2012

#NMAM Do That To Me One More Time.

Red Bull flatsWhat comfort measure do you find helps you enough during a Migraine that you go back to it again and again, and how do you use it? [This is not an endorsement. Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV).] I love Red Bull. When I have a migraine, that's one of the first things I'll reach for, even before I reach for medication. The combination of caffeine, sugar, B-vitamins and taurine seems to be the perfect combination. I've even noticed that when I'm not having a migraine, Red Bull doesn't taste as good. When I'm in migraine pain, it's nectar of the Gods.

I only got into drinking energy drinks because of my migraines. I remember an ex-boyfriend used to love them and would drink that instead of coffee in the morning. I couldn't see the appeal. I had drunk Mt. Dew by the 2-liter in college, and got to the point where all it would do is make my stomach upset. This just looked like another version of Mt. Dew. No big deal, right?

Oh, how I was wrong! I tried one when I was in pain, on the suggestion of a friend, and WOW. The moment I tasted it, I knew it had something my body was craving. And despite it's name as a so-called "energy drink," when I'm in migraine pain, I can drink one and go to sleep, no problem. Migraine pain doesn't seem to know what stimulants are. So no real drawback there! (Okay, it is expensive... I'll grant you that. Buying bulk and having access to those discount superstore

Since that day, I've been a loyal fan.

"National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment